Friday, March 14, 2008

10 Things I am thinking about...

1. Buying a Shabby Apple dress tomorrow...they are on sale, so lay off!
2. A few days in Mexico with my boys and my friends. Oh yeah.
3. How annoying it is when people don't update their blogs on a regular basis. Seriously, I'm thinking about taking you off of my "People" list. Huh-gasp! I still like you, I just hate checking your blog with no recent updates. Get with it.
4. How screwed up the world's perception of marriage and child rearing is. What's with all the celebrities having babies like 8 months apart. What are they trying to do, pop out as many kids as they can before they split with the baby daddy? Some people shouldn't reproduce. Many people, actually.
5. How much I want a custom home someday. I remember going everywhere with my mom looking at carpet, and stucco colors, brick, tile, paint-the works-when building our houses. You can't do that here. You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit. You either blindly accept, and pay a fortune for something you wouldn't necessarily choose or you spend 5 million dollars because it's not worth it to any builder to customize for the little guy. PS I love my house, and I am having a grand old time tweaking the things I don't like. I'm talking future...someday I want to choose my plot of land and be the one to decide whether I want to compromise the carpet for the expensive cabinets, or vice versa-not have it all pre-selected in a paint by the numbers, one of nine model homes template.
6. How grateful I am for friends. Ask my mom. I was the biggest loser for the last 5 years or so of my life. And when Adam married me, I dragged him down to loserhood. We spent a majority of our Friday nights watching the History Channel in our sorry little basement apartment. Now we have many good friends who have brought us out of the depths of hermithood and into the world of socializing and fun.
7. How I love hate politics. Kind of like a soap opera. Hello Governor Spitzer. Slimeball. Would there be anything worse than having your husband cheat on you with a freaking prostitute...and paying 4 GRAND for it???? Adam: "What kind of loser has to pay that much for sex?"
8. I really hope E doesn't wake up tonight. So many nights of interrupted sleep are really waring. Poor kid and his always nearly emerging teeth. Or do I just have a perpetually ornery child? Probably both.
9. Mexico, again. 9 more days.
10. Why did I have to end on an even number 10? I don't know. I don't like odd numbers. Bad karma.

9 comments:

Benjamin J Burr said...

It looks like some people don't appreciate the rhetorical advantages that come from building suspense. Stop checking my blog, and I guarantee you will miss something important one of these days.

Ali said...

You are so funny. Are you going to TJ? Sounds like fun. Sorry about the cranky baby. Amen to that uninterrupted sleep. It's sounding pretty good right now.

What's funny is I get annoyed when I check and someone hasn't updated the blog, but I am having a hard time lately wanting to put anything on mine.

I LOVED Life of Pi, although I think his message, or what I got out of it, was interesting and I don't agree. Still, it was a great read--very well-written.

megan said...

7 days! :) Anyhow, you crack me up! I hope that E slept well this weekend. And we'll have to chat about those granite counters...I think I might have a little bit of interest from the hubby!

lauren said...

mexico... that sounds nice.

Beeta said...

Did you know that you don't have to keep checking blogs for updates? You just go to googlereader.blogspot.com, enter in all your blogger friends and voila! Your comments and any new postings will be sent directly to your inbox! Makes life a little easier, but kind of ruins the excitement/ anticipation of clicking on a blog and seeing a new post! You're probably way ahead of me on that one. Anyway, I liked your tag about your hubby, and I'm REALLY jealous you're going to Mexico. Have so much fun. I'm a horrible commentor, but I really like reading your blog!

Susan said...

I love your list of thoughts. SOrry i haven't updated lately. It's been crazy! I updated the blog today, so don't delete me please!!! lol...

DOn't worry, you're not the only one with interrupted sleep. at least you're not still breastfeeding!

Are you really going to Mexico?? Lucky! I'm so jealous...seriously.

snlbarney said...

Mexico count down: 5 days to go! Sunshine and tacos here we come:) I hope it's OK to publicly post I am going with you:):)

Ashley said...

Absofruitly it is.

AshleyS said...

this is funny b/c it's a summation of everything we talked about on Friday. haha. yay for no class president lunch meetings for a whole week!!!