Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The neglect ends with the end of the excitement



Is it not true that as your life becomes more interesting and full, your blog does the opposite? We have been non stop partying for the past three weeks. And gratefully, now that Adam's dental boards are over, we are a happy, functioning family again-which is more than a lot of people can say. So I am glad.

We have sojourned from here to St. George, to Provo, to Atlanta, ID (population 45 people), back to Alpine, down to Lake Powell, back up to Alpine and finally back to California. I think I did every fun thing I love to do over this glorious summer break-from sitting in the great wide open sipping on a DDP, to climbing up cliffs by foot and motorcycle and/or jumping off them. Furthermore, my son is now old enough to enjoy not only the things (not necessarily the specific aforementioned-yet,)I do, but the people I love too. He always has a few hard days adjusting to twenty people suddenly wanting to be his best friend. But now that we are back, he is very irritated that I am the only one here- and that I have other things to do besides entertain him fourteen hours a day. These are a few of my favorite things from the trip, and just in general:


alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5355916509096372706" />








4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute Ash. It was so fun to get to hang out with you, talk to you while we ran, and watch Eli work the itouch. Come back soon!

Olivia said...

I am glad that you guys got to come and have such a fun break, you deserve it. I am sad that we didn't really get to say goodbye. We went up to Bryan and Natalie's yesterday and Audrey just expected you guys to be there still. She thought she was going to get to play with Eli and Duane. Her solution: we go down to California. I wish.

Katie said...

I have been wondering when you were going to resurface again. Loma Linda has just not been complete without the Burrs. I'm glad you some enjoyable time off and Congrats to Adam on completing his boards! I'm not looking forward to that next year. :(

Luana said...

Very cute picture of you and Wyatt.