Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No Bad Bunnies

Eli got kicked out of nursery on Sunday for biting, which is bad for several reasons:
1-It's bad. We don't bite.
2-We read this book every single night. Right before church, Eli was sitting on my bathroom floor flipping through the pages and saying "BAD!" to the bunnies who were biting, hitting, kicking and throwing their trucks...he KNOWS he is not supposed to bite.
3-He bit two different girls... REALLY adorable and well dressed ones. Is this an omen for what dating my son will be like someday?
4-Everyone in my entire ward knew because Adam went to one of those secret Sunday school classes and could not be found; so they had to bring him through all of the hallways, to the secret catacombs of the primary room to me where he continued to act out and be a complete brat. And then, when Adam went back and sat with him, he did it again.
5-When we ask him if we bite, he says "Yeah! Ha ha!" Oh gosh.

I love this book. The opening line says, "Every little bunny's good, they mostly do the things they should. But sometimes feeling sad or mad can make a little bunny BAD!" (That is Eli's favorite part.) Is my kid just a bad bunny? I know you are all going to say he will grow out of it, but lately I wonder.

10 comments:

lauren said...

well, let's just say that my little sis was the more mild mannered out of us two when we were really little... and look at what happened.

i'm just saying...

hopefully he's getting all of his naughtiness out right now, and will turn into a complete angel later on.

hopefully.

which is what i think is probably going to happen.

Unknown said...

We love Settlers! Too bad we don't live close enough to hangout!

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

Britten really likes to bite me for some reason-sometimes it hurts. But he's otherwise a mantastic human being so don't worry about it...

Unknown said...

I think that is so funny. If I remember correctly, Jake was a biter, and he's a little crazy, but an overall good guy, so I think Eli will be just fine :)

Katie said...

maybe eli is going through an identity crisis. i'm just playing. he will definitely grow out of it... unless he's a vampire...which could create even more problems. ;)

And we need to go to Disneyland soon! What are you guys doing during your break?

Kimberly said...

Hi Ashley! Jordan helped me make a blog - it's tomandkimlee.blogspot.com. Check it out!

3WimmerBoys said...

I am still waiting for Sam to grow out of it. He doesn't bite, but he does about everything else that is bad. His good buddy Luke was a biter, he did grow out of it, but only after a lot of tabasco sauce. Each time he bit, he got tabasco sauce in his mouth. Now all his mom has to do is show him the bottle of tabasco, and he won't bite. Tough love, but it worked!

Kimberly said...

Not to freak you out or anything but Jake was my biter. Which is why Tom and I got called to nursery more than once in our several moves across the country, during Jake's nursery years. But the good news is, he hasn't bit me for about 15 years!

Ali said...

Ummm... I didn't know he bit some girls last week--so not everyone knew! Still, watch out. I think you've got a (much tanner) Edward in the making...

CHUNTZ said...

Sad, poor little Eli looks like he needs some tough love. Hes growing up Ash, ha ha ha! Miss you!