Thursday, July 19, 2007

There we were and here we are


So here we are. My internet connection has been spotty since we got here, but don't worry we only have to standby from 8-5 today to have someone come fix it. We love it here. It doesn't quite feel like we have moved yet because Adam's mom and my mom have both been here for the last week helping us get settled in-which was so so nice and helpful. It would have taken me 3 weeks to do what we all did in a week. I went on a bike ride yesterday and observed how very much this town reminds me of Orem and Provo. It is very family oriented, smallish but not hickish. Its beautiful and sunny and way too hot. I hope that all of your air conditioners are working well; maybe you could email me some fresh air to cool down my 94 degree house. You read right. Factor in the humidity and I wonder if all of us aren't going to go to sleep and never wake up. But don't worry, hopefully the fix it man will be here sometime between 1 and 5 today. I swear I feel like I need to take a shower every hour in this sticky humidity. We pretty much chose the worst time of the year to move to California, but that's ok. We are going back to Utah in two weeks and then to Idaho for a ranch retreat. We'll hang out for a while there because Cameron is coming home from Japan! So maybe we'll miss a little bit of the miserable hotness, although I guess its not much better in Utah. If I sound like a downer right now, it seriously is only because it is so so hot in my house. Once we get our air conditioner working properly, everything will be 100% wonderful. We really do love it. We went to a fresh fruit and vegetable market last night and I enjoyed some lovely peaches on my patio this morning. That is our favorite room in the house. Go here if you want to see more pictures of the house:http://picasaweb.google.com/adamcburr/NewHome02

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness! It's so nice and I love it! It must feel good to be out of your basement apartment and in your OWN place. I told Aubry we really need to get a place of our own soon. How's the weather? E is HUGE!!! I really can't believe it. POst some new pics soon! Love you guys!!!

Susan, Aubry, & Savy

Heather said...

Great photos! You guys look like you're set to stay for a comfortable while! I like the couch in my room. Vertical stripes. Slimming. I bet Adam's favorite place, after the patio, is the garage!

Lori & Rj said...

Your new house looks so cute.