Monday, September 10, 2007

I almost forgot Nancy!


This is my new friend Nancy. She just got baptized yesterday and it was so remarkable to be a part of her conversion. Ok. Let's be honest, she is golden so we didn't really do much to convert her because she has got that pure and simple childlike faith; but the missionaries taught her several discussions at our house and it was one of the more exciting things that has happened to me in a long time. She is so sweet and beautiful and I am so happy that she decided to be baptized. It was a really neat experience-one in which I am ashamed to have never participated since being a member of my church my whole life.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Hey Ashley! I accidentally came across your blog, when surfing on the net...

Wonderful baby-pics you have! I've got a three year old son called Leo, and a 6 month old daughter called Pearl myself.

Also: the photos of your entire family, with mountains in the background; are they from where you live? Absolutely fascinating sceneries! You are lucky to raise a child in a place that beautiful!!!

Good luck with everything & blessings to your little family!

Mari from Finland (Europe)

Ashley said...

Hi Mari. Thanks for checking me out all the way from Finland! I tried to find your blog but am not sure where to go...if you come back, drop me a link. That picture is in Idaho. It is about my favorite place ever, but I live in California which is rather beautiful as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Susan said...

THat's really nice that you were able to have someone in your home to have the discussions. My dad has been in the mission presidency for 7 years so I guess we've always had that around in our lives and I've taken it for granted. You've inspired me to be a better missionary!

Jen and Lance said...

Ash, What an amazing experience! That would be so fun to be involved and see the conversion of someone. Your amazing! Hope the baby and California is treating you well! -Jen