Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas...

was lovely. We went to dinner at Tucano's on Christmas Eve and I made kick butt pork enchiladas and cinnamon rolls for Christmas day. We had fresh snow, all day to just hang in our pajamas and play with new toys and it was just really really nice. I will admit- Adam was thrilled about spending our first Christmas all by ourselves, in our own home and I was a little sad. I think it had more to do with feelings of confinement and, well, handicappedness...like I COULDN'T go anywhere more than anything. But it was quiet and pleasant and perfect. I love having my husband home for days in a row because he gets restless and starts fixing things. And we watched football and took naps and got the house ready for baby and it was just plain great. And in the end, I pulled the executive "I-am-pregnant-and-miserable-and-I-really-want-to-see-my-sister" card and we ended up going to Utah anyway for my birthday, my cousin Jordan's wedding and just to hang. It was a short but awesome trip. And I couldn't have pre-ordered a better birthday: A fresh beautiful blanket of sparkling snow, a sunny day, a walk (painful though it was) with my mom and sister, a big old Holiday DDP, sledding with my whole family, a nap and dinner at Tucano's, again, followed by a pedicure from my mom. Well, I guess I could have NOT been pregnant and that would have been better, but other than that it was perfect.

2 comments:

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

So glad you pulled that pregnant card and made the short trip. Your birthday was my favorite day of my whole 3 weeks in UT- and Leila is still talking about EI-Tate, and telling me about Duane every time she wears her pajamas from mom with the wiener dog.

abo-bder said...




شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض