Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My mom is a wizard

So everyone who knows my mom knows that she is a doer. She just goes and goes and gets things done. And she does them well...not like Ashley style, like improvise everything just to get it done asap so that nothing bad happens while I am "busy getting something done." She does things but she also does them impeccably, perfectly well. So she came for Halloween last week. And so that Adam and I could go to Taos, NM for the weekend. The whole thing was such a brilliant idea and even more brilliantly executed: Not only did she get to spend Halloween with the kids, not only did we design the baby's room and buy fabric WITH boys in tow, not only did we go away and find that she had made EVERYTHING while we were gone, not only did we have a fantastically wonderful and relaxing weekend away while someone who loves our children was in charge, but my kids were also alive when I got home!! Total win win win for everyone, but mostly me.

Oh, and after a monumental tantrum in which Tate threw up from freaking out so much over his costume at the ward trunk or treat, I had zero desire to press the issue on Halloween night. So he went trick or treating, sans costume, and marched right into each resident's house to find the toys in the basement. Yeah...he is a really delightful 2 year old at the moment.

Also. This is Adam and me at the Rio Grande bridge in NM, which just so happens to be the original bridge to nowhere. Pretty sweet. I tried real hard to find a picture of my face that does not look so pregnant. Alas, this is what it has come to and one was not to be found. But how cute is Nora's room and how awesome is my mom?

5 comments:

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

Wow. Guess I'm going to have to invite that mother out to my house to decorate! So cute it's Pinterest worthy!

lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren said...

Diana is the best for sure! And again, may I just say, I LOVE the name Nora.

Ashley_Cameron said...

How fun. I loved getting ready for Tae. Girls are just fun. Love the room!! Looks like you just need the clothes to fill that closet up now :)

kenna said...

your mom is amazing. remember that one time she SAVED MY LIFE?

lover her. And you.