Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Eli




Dear E-
Happy Birthday (2 days late...) my big little boy. I cannot believe you are three. Three years ago you made me a mom; three weeks ago, I made you a brother. And you have been such a good one. I know most of the time you just don't want to do what I tell you; but we'll pretend that you are just filled with brotherly love and concern for Tate when you tell me, "Oh, no! I just gotta go check on baby Tate." And I laughed my head off when you told your Nannie what was wrong with Tate's belly button: "Um, it gots poop in it."

Eli the last three years, just you and me, have been a riot. Literally. I have loved watching you mature and become the quirky little hilarious creature that you are. Your beautiful blonde little head and your smooth tan skin remind me how much I adore you when your often erratic behavior might otherwise place you in jeopardy! I love everything about you Eli: I love that you remind me so much of your dad. I love the songs you make up, the questions you ask and I even love your clever forms of evasive disobedience. You are a crazy crazy little child and I love you for it. You keep me always on my toes. I am so happy that you are the first of our family...there is no way that, with you as an oldest sibling, we won't just have a total blast together.

*** Eli got to have his Grandma and Grandpa Burr here for his birthday. And it was quite a day: He went to the breakfast buffet at the Marriot, made a trip to Costco (complete, of course, with running laps around "the cold" and seeing the wash,) received his great grandparents for a lunch call, went to a petting zoo, ate at the Spaghetti Factory and opened presents which he has since (36 hours later) been playing with non stop.



3 comments:

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

Happy Birthday to Eli! Too bad you were so unhappy when I called to tell you that you're the cutest little first nephew ever!
To the mother- you look incredible!

Lisa said...

Kick-A birthday banner! Happy B-day E!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday E! Ash you look so good! That picture with all you guys together is darling. :)